Surgery for a wide range of minor conditions.
Dr Sze Ling Wong has extensive skills performing the following minor surgical conditions:
- Carpal tunnel surgery. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when a pinched nerve in the wrist causes numbness and tingling in the hand. The surgery involves an incision in the palm of your hand over the carpal tunnel ligament and cuts through the ligament to relieve pressure on the median nerve.
- Skin lesions. Abnormal growth or appearance in the skin can be treated with surgery, to prevent cancerous growth, or for cosmetic comfort and confidence. There are various ways to perform surgery for skin lesions and patients are given all the information they need to make informed choices.
- Lipomas. A lipoma is a benign lump of fatty tissue that usually lies between your skin and the underlying muscle. Surgery is performed when it is growing, painful, or otherwise bothering the patient who has it.
- Sebaceous cysts. These are bumps under the skin resulting from blocked skin glands. Surgery is performed to remove the enlarged cyst or treat infection.
- Temporal artery biopsy. A procedure where a small part of the artery on the side of the head is removed and examined for inflammation or signs of giant cell arteritis.
- Lymph node biopsy. A procedure where a lymph node or a part of it is removed and examined for the etiology of the enlarged lymph node(s).
ST JOHN OF GOD MURDOCH
Wexford Medical Centre
Suite 78, Level 5
3 Barry Marshall Parade
Murdoch WA 6150
T: (08) 6266 6974 F: (08) 9200 5799
ST JOHN OF GOD MIDLAND
Suite 6 & 7, Level 1
1 Clayton Street
Midland WA 6056
T: (08) 9462 5694 F: (08) 9462 4490